To be considered as a featured writer at the Nye Beach Writers' Series you must present original work. Events are generally held the third Saturday of every month through November.
Please send the following:
- a short bio of yourself
- samples of your work or review copies of your book(s)
- preference regarding appearance dates
Keep in mind that the Writers' Series is booked at least six months in advance.
If you wish to be considered as a workshop instructor, please also include the topic(s) of your suggested workshops and a short explanation of the material to be covered. Most workshops are held the same weekend as Writers' Series events so that instructors are Saturday night readers as well.
If you want your material returned, be sure to include a self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient postage.
Featured authors are expected to read or perform for 30 minutes followed by 10 to 15 minutes of questions & answers. We ask that featured authors remain through the open mic session that takes place after intermission.
At the present time we offer:
- a small honorarium for featured authors
- overnight lodging (for two) at an oceanfront inn or bed & breakfast. Extended stays and accommodations for families can sometimes be arranged.
- workshop fees are determined on an individual basis (depending on travel distance, workshop duration and other factors)